200 g dark chocolate (no milk ingredients to keep vegan), finely chopped
1 container Aurora Natural Organic Medjool Dates (1 lb or 454 g)
1 cup Aurora Natural Organic Whole Pecans
- Cut the dates in half lengthwise. Pull open and flatten (kind of looks like a butterfly), laying them out sticky side up.
- Stick three pecans per date, arranging them like the head and feet of a turtle.
Chop your dark chocolate into as small bits as possible, and melt in a heat-safe bowl on top of a pot over medium heat (or a double boiler if you have one), stirring constantly until mostly melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the last few chunks of chocolate (this is my method of lazy tempering)
- Drizzle about 1 tsp of chocolate per cluster, to seal the inside of the dates (so they don’t dry out) and securing the pecans. Let them set in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, and enjoy!
- Keep stored in fridge in an airtight container.