Gluten-Free and Vegan
4 medium red potatoes
2 cups frozen peas
¼ pound gluten-free elbow pasta, cooked and drained
½ cup Soy-Free Vegenaise
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
½ cup loosely packed fresh dill leaves, torn into pieces
¼ cup Aurora cashews
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Place potatoes in a small stockpot; cover with cold salted water. Cook over high heat, reduce to medium heat and cook until fork-tender, about 8-9 minutes. Remove from heat; drain in a colander and set aside to cool. Cut cooked potatoes into ¾-inch cubes.
- Fill a small saucepan with salted water, and bring to a boil. Add frozen peas; cook according to package, then drain. In a large bowl, combine cooked peas, potatoes and elbow pasta. Set aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl combine Vegenaise, balsamic vinegar and olive oil; mix well to combine.
- Fold balsamic mixture into potato and pasta salad. Add red bell pepper, fresh dill, pepper; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes – The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/07/16/grillin-n-chillin-recipe-round-up/