- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cups nonfat low fat milk
- 3/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups golden sugar – (packed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 c. minced Aurora dried apples
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix cereal, lowfat milk, applesauce, oil and egg in large bowl. Let stand 10 min to soften bran.
Stir flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl to blend. Fold in minced dry apples. Add in dry ingredients to bran mix and stir just till moistened.
Spray twelve 1/3-c. muffin c. with vegetable oil spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake till muffins are light golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 min. Transfer muffins to rack; cold completely.
This recipe yields 12 servings.