- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped Aurora dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped Aurora pitted prunes
- 1/2 cup Aurora dried cherries
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the brown sugar and beat in the egg, the baking soda mixture, the flour, the salt, and the vanilla.
- Stir in the oats, the apricots, the prunes, and the cherries and combine the dough well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough about 4 inches apart onto greased baking sheets and with a fork dipped in cold water flatten and spread each mound into a thin round, about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Bake the cookies in batches in the middle of a preheated 375?F. oven 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are golden, transfer them with a spatula to racks, and let them cool.
- Keep the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.
- Yield: 30 large cookies.