- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and diced
- 6 ounce cup Dark Cherry light yogurt
- 1/2 cup Dried Cherries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Tart Cherry Concentrate
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl, work the butter in quickly with your fingers until fine crumbles.
- Stir in the yogurt and dried cherries until a dough forms.
- Scrape the dough out onto the prepared sheet and pat out into a circle (about 1/2 thick). Cut into 8 wedges.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, cut the wedges apart and separate a bit, transfer the scones and parchment paper to a cooling rack. Let cool and drizzle glaze on.
- Whisk until smooth, drizzle over the scones. allow to set up.
- Makes 8 scones.
- Notes: 2 Tablespoons of the concentrate is quite tart. Your mileage(er taste buds) may vary so you may want to use less. If you do use less, add more milk instead. If you prefer a less sweet scone cut the glaze in half for a hint of flavor.