- 1/2 pkg. plain instant couscous
- 1/4 red onion, chopped (about 3 Tbsp.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped diced Aurora dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Aurora dried prunes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Aurora dried figs
- 1/4 cup Madiera or red Vermouth
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1/2 of whatever quantity package calls)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place dried fruit (except figs) in a small saucepan over medium low heat and add enough Madiera or Vermouth to cover. Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and steep for 15 minutes.
- Drain unabsorbed wine into a measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to match package requirements. Mix in salt and spices.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onion, and saute until onion is translucent. Add all fruit. Follow package directions to finish cooking.
- Yield: 2 servings