- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped Aurora pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Aurora dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons chicken broth (optional)
- Cook celery and onion in margarine or butter in a small saucepan until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sage, thyme, and pepper.
- Place dry bread cubes in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, pecans, and cranberries. Add the 1/2 cup chicken broth, tossing to moisten.
- Use to stuff one 6- to 8-pound turkey. (Transfer any remaining stuffing to a casserole, adding the 1 to 2 tablespoons chicken broth, if desired, for additional moistness; cover and chill casserole until ready to bake. Bake the casserole, covered, in a 325 degree F oven during the last 30 to 45 minutes of turkey roasting until stuffing is heated through.) If stuffing is baked in the turkey, the internal temperature of the stuffing should reach 165 degrees F.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.