- 1 medium banana (the more ripe the better) – mashed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup crushed Aurora walnuts
- 1 large egg – beaten
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together buttermilk, egg, cooking oil and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in banana until just mixed. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour in 1/2 cup portions onto a heated (medium-high), greased griddle or large fry pan.
- Turn the pancake when the visible side starts to show a lot of bubbles. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup, or any other favorite topping
- Yields 4 servings