- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped Aurora walnuts, (about 2 ounces)
- 3 cups unsweetened puffed-grain cereal, such as Kashi
- 2 cups chopped Aurora dried apricots
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces silken tofu, drained (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large (15 1/4-by-10 1/4-inch) jellyroll-style pan with cooking spray.
Spread oats and walnuts on a baking sheet with sides. Bake until fragrant and light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and add puffed cereal, dried apricots, flour and salt; stir to combine.
Meanwhile, puree tofu, egg, oil, honey, vanilla and lemon zest in a food processor or blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Make a well in the center of the oat mixture; fold in the tofu mixture until combined. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
Bake until firm in the center and golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars with a sharp knife.
Yield: 16 servings