- 1 1/2 Tbs. canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1/2 cup Aurora whole blanched almonds
- 8 cups assorted vegetables, thinly sliced *
- 2 to 3 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Oriental sesame oil (optional)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil and the garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add almonds; cook and toss about 8 minutes until lightly browned, removing garlic after 4 minutes. Remove almonds with slotted spoon; set aside. Add the remaining oil to skillet; increase heat to high and add vegetables and ginger. Stir-fry, tossing often, about 5 minutes until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to medium. In small bowl combine water, soy sauce and cornstarch; mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce mixture to skillet; cook and toss about 2 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in sesame oil and almonds. Serve with rice.
*Choose from carrots, broccoli, red and green bell peppers, zucchini, crookneck squash, and green beans.
Yield: 4 Servings