Production Lead (Food Packaging Environment)
PRINCIPALS ONLY, PLEASE!!!
POSITION LOCATED IN ORANGE, CT – NO RELOCATION PROVIDED
As a key member of the Production Team, this Production Leader will assist Production Management to meet the scheduled production numbers on a daily basis. You will also participate in all aspects of maintaining a high level of productivity by monitoring, assisting and training (cross-train) personnel as required to meet set goals. Working with the appropriate resources to perform daily inspections for product quality and line equipment is key and assuring that personnel is adhering to the company’s GMPs are essential as well.
Responsibilities and/or areas of responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Production Management in executing the daily production plans and requirements as instructed.
- Overseeing and assisting personnel of the various work stations (packing, labeling, mixing, order picking) as assigned, during start/set–up, during scheduled production hours and shift shut-down.
- Distribute, monitor and evaluate production reports/logs and checklists as required and correct and/or report any unacceptable conditions in a timely manner to his/her Manager/Supervisor.
- Assure an appropriate level of ingredients and packaging material is on the floor to fulfill the scheduled production plan on a daily basis.
- Provide direction and assistance in maintaining operator safety standards that ensures a safe and efficient work environment (in compliance with all OSHA regulations)
- Effectively communicate and cooperate with all facility Supervisors and Managers in order to efficiently complete work activity.
- Food packaging experience is a plus
- Two or more years of college or equivalent;
- At least 2 years of food manufacturing/production experience along with some leadership skills
- Reliable, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, write and speak English;
- Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal (written will be tested)
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Some computer skills desired
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Tools – Outlook, Excel, Word
This would be primarily Monday through Friday, 40 hours weekly; 1st shift. Successful candidate must be flexible to work on another shift or be able to stay past the scheduled time and work weekends if required. This includes coverage for vacations and holidays as necessary.
Salary: 40K, DOE