Production Team Leader
PRINCIPALS ONLY. POSITION LOCATED IN ORANGE, CT – NO RELOCATION PROVIDED
As a key member of the Production Team, this Production Team Leader (PTL) will assist Production Management to meet the scheduled production numbers on a daily basis. You will also participate in all aspects of maintaining a high level of productivity by monitoring, assisting and training (cross-train) personnel as required to meet set goals. Working with the appropriate resources to perform daily inspections for product quality and line equipment is key and assuring that personnel is adhering to the company’s GMPs are essential as well.
Responsibilities and/or areas of responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Production Management in executing the daily production plans and requirements as instructed.
- Overseeing and assisting personnel of the various work stations (packing, labeling, mixing, order picking) as assigned, during start/set–up, during scheduled production hours and shift shut-down.
- Distribute, monitor and evaluate production reports/logs and checklists as required and correct and/or report any unacceptable conditions in a timely manner to his/her Manager/Supervisor.
- Assure an appropriate level of ingredients and packaging material is on the floor to fulfill the scheduled production plan on a daily basis.
- Provide direction and assistance in maintaining operator safety standards that ensures a safe and efficient work environment (in compliance with all OSHA regulations)
- Effectively communicate and cooperate with all facility Supervisors and Managers in order to efficiently complete work activity.
- Must be able to properly execute all of the required transactions within the Company’s ERP system; must ensure that lot traceability procedures are followed and enforced within the designated area of responsibility
PTL will be held responsible and accountable for the accuracy all system level transactions within the designated area of responsibilities
- Food packaging experience is a plus
- Two or more years of college or equivalent;
- At least 2 years of food manufacturing/production experience along with some leadership
- skills; Food packaging experience is a plus
- Reliable, able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to read, write and speak English;
- Must have excellent communication skills; written and verbal (written will be tested)
- Bi-lingual a plus; some computer skills desired
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Tools – Outlook, Excel, Word
This would be primarily Monday through Friday, 40 hours weekly; 2nd shift. Successful candidate must be flexible to work on another shift or be able to stay past the scheduled time and work Saturdays (minimal) if required. This includes coverage for vacations and holidays as necessary.
Salary: 40K++, DOE
Medical, Dental, 401K; vacation and personal time off
Quality Compliance Manager
PRINCIPALS ONLY PLEASE!! POSITION LOCATED IN ORANGE, CT – NO RELOCATION PROVIDED
- This position will be responsible for providing support to Quality Assurance Management
- Primary responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Delegate tasks to Quality Assurance Technicians; oversee Sanitation Program;
- Assist in implementation of SQF, HACCP and QA related programs
- Has company-wide auditing responsibilities; ie Facility, QA Technicians, Sanitation Program, Production practices;
- Verification of Training Skills: QA, Sanitation, GMP;
- Compliance documentation for COA, kosher, organic, Social Accountability, NON-GMO, Supplier Approval records (maintain spread sheets)
Position reports to Manager and Director of Quality Assurance & Product Development
B.S in Food Science or food related discipline a must, along with minimum 3-5 years food related Quality Assurance/Food Safety experience; In depth knowledge required pertaining to Quality Assurance and Food Safety. Management experience required. Must be computer literate Excel, Word
Basic Working Knowledge desired:
Quality Assurance, Kosher, Organic, Non-GMO, FSMA, GFSI and Food Safety
Licenses, Permits, Certifications: Certified HACCP Manager, SQF practitioner, Capable of PCQI certification
Food Safety & Food Quality Related Tasks: Responsible for the management of systems noted above.
This is a first shift position (8:30am to 5p/40-hour work week) however, successful candidate should expect to be on call over the three shifts – 7am to 3pm, 3p to 11 and 3rd shift
First Shift/Office/Salaried Position
Starting Salary: DOE/EOE
Medical/Dental/401K/Paid Time Off available
Working Conditions: Office Environment; Seated: 70%; Standing/Walking:30%; Minimal lifting: Up to 15/20lbs; not often; Reaching: Yes
Aurora Products, located in Orange, Connecticut, packages only the highest quality and freshest All Natural and Organic dried fruits, nuts, trail mixes, salad toppings, and granolas. Established in 1998, we are a leader in offering only the best top-quality products to stores throughout the nation. We make our own trail mixes, roast and process raw nuts, and package products in a variety of sizes. All items are All Natural and none of our products contain any preservatives, artificial colors, or additives.
Aurora is a certified Direct Verified Almond Board User for Raw Almonds as well as SQF Food Safety and Quality Code Certified. Safe Quality Foods (SQF) is one of the world’s leading safety and quality management systems. Aurora’s certification provides assurance that all our products provide consumers with food that is safe to buy and eat.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please send your resume here
INSIDE SALES COORDINATOR
PRINCIPALS ONLY PLEASE NO RELOCATION PROVIDED
- Ability to analyze data for account growth and drive sales
- Determine customer needs to ensure customer care and service
- Quarterly account reviews
- Develop annual business plan
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and business development skills
- Thorough understanding of the natural/organic food industry
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to travel nationwide for trade shows and regional office visits
- Sense of ownership, product knowledge, and passion for natural food trade
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Natural food retail experience a plus
Ideal candidate should show promise/drive to transition to an external sales associate. This is a great opportunity for growth into a sales account manager, regional sales manager or regional director if the individual shows ability and drive.
SALARY is DOE/EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year